The 2.6 Challenge is your opportunity to be part of a nationwide campaign to help save British Charities and there’s still time to take part.
Thousands of fundraising events have been cancelled due to Covid-19 with a devastating impact on charity income. In response, the organisers of the biggest mass-participation sports events across the country have come together to create this new campaign to raise vital funds to help save the UK’s charities.
We invite you to get involved with your family and friends in support of the AT Society, a small charity making a big impact on families we support.
The campaign starts on Sunday April 26th, the date that the world’s biggest fundraising event was due to take place – the 40th London Marathon.
How can I get involved?
The 2.6 Challenge is a simple and fun way for everyone to do their bit.
All you need to do is think of an activity based around the numbers 26 or 2.6.
This could be something as simple as pledging to run 2.6 miles as your daily exercise, skipping for 1 minute 26 times or juggling for 26 minutes. You could organise an online quiz with 26 questions or as a family play 26 games of badminton or cards between you. The possibilities are endless!
You can check out our Facebook page for ideas and inspiration as lots of our families and supporters have already taken part.
There are no rules, apart from the Government guidelines on how to exercise safely during this time. For people socially isolating or shielding, this could be a great way to have some fun at home and connect with your family and friends.
Whatever you can do the main thing is take part, have fun and raise whatever you can to help save the UK’s charities and support the AT Society.
Let’s get started.
- Decide on your challenge, if you need help there are lots of great ideas here
- Set up your 2.6 Challenge fundraising page with Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving Take a few minutes to personalise your page and explain why you have chosen to support the AT Society.
- Send the link to all you family and friends and ask them to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge too!
- Enjoy your challenge knowing it is helping to save the UK’s charities. What better motivation do you need than that?
- Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media using #TwoPointSixChallenge and the AT Society’s Facebook page
For more information about The 2.6 Challenge visit twopointsixchallenge.co.uk and look out for the extensive media coverage of this campaign. There are lots of big names getting involved and we hope you will be too.