The A-T Society is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The A-T Society may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
What we collect
The A-T Society collects data that has been given directly by you to the charity, for example when you make a donation, enquire about our services or activities, register for an event, purchase items via our online shop or otherwise provide the charity with your personal information.
We may collect the following information:
- name and date of birth
- contact information including email address
- credit card and debit card details
- donation and Gift Aid declaration
- volunteering activity
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or events
We do not collect ‘sensitive personal data’ about our supporters unless there is a legitimate reason for it.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to provide you with services, products or information you have requested
- to register and administer your participation in events for which you have registered
- to provide further information about our work, services, events or products
- to further our charitable aims, including for fundraising activities
- to invite voluntary participation in research or surveys
- to process your application for a job or volunteer role with us
- to process donations or payments we have received from you
- to fulfil sales made online
- to contact you with information about an event you have registered for or expressed an interest in
- to monitor website use to identify locations, record website traffic or personalise the way information is presented to you
- to improve our products and services
- Internal record keeping
- We may periodically send newsletters or e-mails about new services, special events, fundraising initiatives or other information which we think you may find interesting using the e-mail address which you have provided
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes
What we will not do with the information we gather
- we will not sell your data to a third party
- we will not swap your data with a third party
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other useful websites. However, once you click on these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
This policy is effective from May 2018.