Support and advice for professionals
The A-T Society is here to support professionals who are working with people with A-T and their families. Whether you are a medical professional, work in education or in social care, we can offer information and advice. A-T is a very rare condition and most professionals will have never seen a case of A-T before.
Our family support team, Kay and Anne, have over 15 years experience in dealing with A-T. They can assist in the following ways:
- Providing information about the condition and answering any questions
- Liaison with our specialist doctors, therapists and others
- Attending meetings and acting as an advocate on behalf of the person with A-T
- Giving talks or training about the condition
- Financial support for families for equipment and services, through our support grants system
- Arranging appointments at one of our A-T specialist centres
For further help and information please contact our 'Support Team' Kay Atkins (Family Support Manager) or Anne Murray (Family Support Co-ordinator) on 01582 760733 or email support.